New look Facebook Company Pages
Facebook has gone all image mad! As they say, a picture can speak a thousand words.
Have you taken advantage of Facebook's new look yet? You can now really express your brand by using both the cover photo and the profile picture. Here are some great examples.
O2 - love the image they have used
Dropbox - I really like the use of illustration as well as the use of their logo
Old Spice - yes I know what you are going to say, but I love the way they have incorporated the profile picture background into the cover photo - really niffty!
Beware that Facebook has some strict guidelines about what you can't do with your cover photo, namely:
- no adverts, coupons or promotions
- shouldn't be primarily text based (although we have used a wordcloud as part of our design!)
- no contact info
- no references to user interface elements such as "like" or "share" or any other Facebook site features
- no calls to action buttons
I wouldn't risk infringing these as you never know quite how strict Facebook will be.
Your profile picture has a number of uses, namely:
1. It is embedded on your cover photo
2. It is the thumbnail that accompanies any of your posts
3. It is the main brand image used in Facebook apps on mobile devices
Take these into account when you design it!
Image by tungphotos